Rental Criteria For Residency
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. (A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, with at least one window and a closet for clothing.)
- Two persons are allowed per bedroom
- Each applicant will be required to complete an application individually.
- The following documentation will be required within 24 hours of submitting an application:a) government issued photo ID (front and back), b) proof of income - 3 months bank statements, c) proof of income - past 3 months pay stubs, d) photo of pet (for pet friendly homes)
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs will be denied. If approved for tenancy and later illegal drug use is confirmed, eviction will begin.
- Any individual whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the complex, or the property of the others, will be denied tenancy.
- Denial of one applicant will disqualify the entire application.
- All information collected will be used to determine qualification, including credit score.
Restricted Pet Breeds
PropM, Inc. is pet friendly and we understand the important role your furry companion plays in your life. Breed and animal restrictions will vary by each individually owned property. For your convenience, please find the list below for your review.
The following animals are strictly prohibited:
Breeds of Dogs
- Pit Bull
- German Shepherd
- Chow Chow
- St. Bernard
- Great Dane
- Terrier (Staffordshire)
- American Bull Dog
- Wolf Hybrids
- Presa Canarios
- Karelian Bear Dog
- Any hybrid or mixed breed of one of the aforementioned breeds
- Reptiles (Snakes, Iguanas)
- Birds (Parrots, Cockatiels, Macaws)
Fish are welcome with the property owner's approval. If your tank is larger than 20 gallons, an increased security deposit may be required.
- Household monthly income should be equal to two and one half times stated rent, and must be from a verifiable, legal source. If your rent income does not meet this, you may not qualify.
- Current paystubs for the past 3 months will be required.
- Twelve months of verifiable employment will be required if used as source of income
- Self-employed applicants will be verified through state corporation commission, and may be required to submit the previous year’s tax returns.
- Verified Income can be denied if the income source cannot be verified.
- Twelve months of verifiable contractual rental history from a current third party landlord or home ownership is required.
- Mortgages with past due amounts will require additional one months rent added to the security deposit.
- Rental references outside of the past 12 months will not be considered. Tenant must be eviction free for the past three years. Tenants must not have multiple 72 hour notices to vacate.
- Three or more dishonored checks within one year will result in denial of the application.
- Rental history reflecting past due and unpaid rent will result in denial of the application.
- Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report may require additional security deposits.
- Three or more unpaid collections (not related to medical expenses) will result in denial of the application.
- Previous Bankruptcy will require an additional deposit. In Bankruptcy currently, application will be denied.
- Overall good credit score is important.
Due to the increase in rental applications we receive, we would appreciate your response within 24 hours of this notice of approval to let us know if you intend to move forward with this home. If we do not hear from you within 24 hours we will have to move forward with the next approved applicant.
If use of a co-signer is approved, the co-signer must meet the following criteria;
- Meet all the general requirements listed above, and
- Have well-established credit with a minimum credit score of 680
- Have a monthly gross income of 5 ½ times the stated rental income
- Have a credit history with no adverse reports
- Multiple co-signers will not be permitted to be combined to meet the co-signer requirement
Ready to rent Graduates
If applicant fails to meet any criteria related to credit, evictions and/or landlord history, and applicant has received a certificate indicating satisfactory completion of a tenant training program such as “Ready to Rent” Owner/Agent will consider and any other information supplied by applicant is sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant will successfully live in the complex in compliance with the rental agreement. Based on this information, Owner/agent may waive the credit, eviction and/or landlord history screening criteria for this applicant.
Criminal Conviction Criteria
Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, Owner/Agent will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or pled guilty to or no contest to, any crime.
Any of the following shall be grounds for denial of the rental application:
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea for any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes, and/or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell), or Class A felony burglary or Class A felony robbery; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last seven years, for any other felony charges; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last seven years, for any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, property damage, or weapons charges or that is sex-related or drug-related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell) or;
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole, has occurred within the last three years, for any B or C misdemeanor in the above categories or those involving criminal trespass I, theft, dishonesty, or prostitution.
Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held awaiting resolution of pending charges.