Rental Criteria For Residency
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. (A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, with at least one window and a closet for clothing.)
- Two persons are allowed per bedroom, + one.
- Each applicant will be required to complete an application individually.
- The following documentation will be required within 24 hours of submitting an application:a) government issued photo ID (front and back), b) proof of income - 3 months bank statements, c) proof of income - past 3 months pay stubs, d) photo of pet (for pet friendly homes)
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs will be denied. If approved for tenancy and later illegal drug use is confirmed, eviction will begin.
- Any individual whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the complex, or the property of the others, will be denied tenancy.
- Denial of one applicant will disqualify the entire application.
- All information collected will be used to determine qualification, including minimum credit score of 550.
Restricted Pet Breeds
PropM, Inc. is pet friendly and we understand the important role your furry companion plays in your life. Breed and animal restrictions will vary by each individually owned property. For your convenience, please find the list below for your review.
The following animals are strictly prohibited:
Breeds of Dogs
- Pit Bull
- Chow Chow
- St. Bernard
- Great Dane
- Terrier (Staffordshire)
- American Bull Dog
- Wolf Hybrids
- Presa Canarios
- Karelian Bear Dog
- Any hybrid or mixed breed of one of the aforementioned breeds
- Reptiles (Snakes, Iguanas)
- Birds (Parrots, Cockatiels, Macaws)
Fish are welcome with the property owner's approval. If your tank is larger than 20 gallons, an increased security deposit may be required.
- Household monthly income should be equal to two times (2) stated rent, and must be from a verifiable, legal source. If your rent income does not meet this, you will not qualify.
- Current paystubs for the past 3 months will be required.
- Twelve months of verifiable employment will be required if used as source of income
- Self-employed applicants will be verified through state corporation commission, and may be required to submit the previous year’s tax returns.
- Twelve months of verifiable contractual rental history from a current unrelated, third party landlord or home ownership is required.
- Three or more 72 hour notices / 10 Day Notices for non-payment of rent within one year will result in a denial of application.
- Two or more dishonored checks within one year will result in denial of the application.
- Rental history reflecting any past due or unpaid balances to a landlord will result in denial of application.
- Rental history including two or more noise disturbances or any other material non-compliance with the rental agreement or rules within the past two years will result in denial of application.
- Tenant is required to be eviction free for the past 5 years.
- Mortgages with past due amounts will be denied.
- Rental references outside of the past 12 months will not be considered.
- Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report will be denied.
- Three or more past due accounts, judgments, liens or collections (not related to medical expenses) will result in denial of the application.
- Discharged Bankruptcy reporting the last 5 years requires an additional deposit. In Bankruptcy currently, application will be denied.
- Overall good credit score is important. Credit Score must be a minimum of 550.
Due to the increase in rental applications we receive, we would appreciate your response within 24 hours of this notice of approval to let us know if you intend to move forward with this home. If we do not hear from you within 24 hours we will have to move forward with the next approved applicant.
PropM, Inc does not allow or accept Co-Signers. All applicants must qualify on their own.
Ready to rent Graduates
If applicant fails to meet any criteria related to credit, evictions and/or landlord history, and applicant has received a certificate indicating satisfactory completion of a tenant training program such as “Ready to Rent” or “Rent Well” Owner/Agent will consider and any other information supplied by applicant is sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant will successfully live in the complex in compliance with the rental agreement. Based on this information, Owner/agent may waive the credit, eviction and/or landlord history screening criteria for this applicant.
Criminal Conviction Criteria
Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, Owner/Agent will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or pled guilty to or no contest to, any crime.
Any of the following shall be grounds for denial of the rental application:
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea for any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes, and/or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell), or Class A felony burglary or Class A felony robbery; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last seven years, for any other felony charges; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last seven years, for any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, property damage, or weapons charges or that is sex-related or drug-related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell) or;
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole, has occurred within the last three years, for any B or C misdemeanor in the above categories or those involving criminal trespass I, theft, dishonesty, or prostitution.
Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held awaiting resolution of pending charges.