A continuation from our last blog for those of you looking to save money on your monthly expenses.
1. Reducing your entertainment expenses is a good place to start. There are many options for low cost entertainment.
- Cancel unused club memberships such as gym and country clubs.
- Reduce or eliminate your cable bill. Perhaps downgrade to basic cable or switch to online services such as Netfilx, Hulu or Amazon Prime.
- Check out local free options like the local library or community events, festivals and fairs.
- Cancel magazine and newspaper subscriptions. You can find many of the same information at your local library or online.
2. Saving money on food expenses
- Cook large meals and freeze leftovers for later when you do not have time to cook.
- Cut back or eliminate eating out. While carryout and eating out saves time, it comes a great expense. Cook several meals in your free time and freeze for quick meals later.
3. Use coupons and buy in bulk when you can. Typically buying a larger quantity of items results in paying less per unit. This is a great option for non-perishable items.
4. Start a garden. Even if you are limited on space, there are many plants you can grow in containers on a patio.
5. Cut your insurance bills by downgrading your health insurance and shopping around for the best rates for Auto and Home insurance.
6. Another high cost item is childrens organized activities/sports. Be sure to check the total expense before signing up and limit each child to one activity at a time.
7. Cut back on grooming expenses. Instead of having your hair and nails done weekly, cut back to every other week. Maybe even find a few friends and have manicure parties at home.